Picture your nonprofit website as a platform for updates, highlights, call to action, upcoming events, and promotions to keep your community in the loop. This online platform is your launchpad to promote, market, and drive traffic to your cause. For example, show off the differences you make with a blog post recognizing volunteers, adding a video when the nonprofit was featured in the local news, and post updates on how the donations helped save lives.
Pages and Content to Consider as You Set Up the Nonprofit Website
- Homepage: Include information about the nonprofit, how to donate, and a call to action.
- Include a donation button if it’s applicable.
- About Us: Include your mission statement, vision, community impact, and goals.
How to Get Involved
- Blog: You can add frequent blog posts about upcoming events, ‘thank you’ messages to donors, share the impact you make, and feature people in the organization.
- Photo Gallery: Show off the impact you’ve made and how fun your fundraisers are.
- PR, Contact Us, Press Releases: Include up-to-date contact information, a PR contact, and any other news or details of your cause.
When creating content for your nonprofit’s website, remember that it should be intentional. Use one of the four content marketing strategies to guide your website content. Each post and page should have the objective to entertain, educate, inspire or convince people.